Early diagnosis and treatment of health, developmental and behavioral issues in children and adolescents is important to having the best outcomes for families. Getting the right diagnosis and management plan mostly depends on getting accurate information from patients and parents. CHADIS questionnaires put families and clinicians in a better position to share in the decision-making. The goal is evidence-based shared decisions.
CHADIS Helps Families
- Tell the provider about any goals for the visit.
- Share problems or concerns and ask questions.
- Track a child’s development.
- Identify health and safety risks.
- Connect providers, families, and teachers so that everyone can provide information and updates about how a child is doing.
…and for Teens:
- Teenagers should provide information to their doctor independently of their parents and also have private time with their doctor.
- CHADIS provides a confidential way for Teens to communicate directly with their provider.
- Teens do not see Parent answers, and Parents do not see Teen answers.